GetSkilled Australia have been training and assessing for forklift licences Ipswich and Brisbane for a number of years, ensuring a high standard of qualification with their friendly training methods and professional standard of trainers.
“Do you hold a current forklift licence?” This is a question that every employer should be asking their active forklift drivers. The rules for operating a forklift changed a few years ago and it is a legal requirement for employers to ensure their forklift drivers are properly licensed. To drive a forklift without a current licence risks a $330 fine for both driver and employer.
Forklift training is now a three day course and includes theory and calculations tests in addition to a practical skills assessment. GetSkilled provide comfortable air-conditioned training facilities, small classes, and a friendly training atmosphere in both their Darra, Ipswich and Caboolture training sites.
Forklift truck – LF Licence
The LF high risk work licence class allows you to use forklift trucks, but does not include order-picking forklift trucks, which requires another type of licence.
A forklift truck is a powered industrial truck equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage which has a pair of fork arms attached (that can be raised 900 mm or more above the ground) or other load holding attachment.
Order-picking forklift truck – LO License
To operate an order-picking forklift truck you need an LO high risk work licence.
An order-picking forklift truck has the operator’s control as part of the load carriage/lifting media and lifts with it. Order-picking forklift trucks are generally referred to as ‘stock pickers’. They can be fitted with a platform extension for use in furniture warehouses, or can be a turret truck in narrow aisle warehouses.
Forklift Operation is Designated as High Risk Work
High risk licences are compulsory for a range of high risk activities – and these include operating a forklift.
Businesses should regularly check the HRW licences of their employees to ensure the licence:
- has not expired (it MUST have an Expiry Date)
- includes the relevant class (LF for Forklift)
- has a photo and the correct legal name of the holder
- The only way to obtain an LF Forklift licence is by completing a TLILIC2001A Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
Forklift Licences Ipswich
GetSkilledAU provide the best value and highest quality training available.
Our industry standard forklift licences Ipswich course is made up of sessions which comprehensively cover WHS theory, practical forklift operation and assessment. Extra courses can be arranged at mutually convenient times where numbers are sufficient.
To undertake this course you must be at least 18 years old.
- GetSkilledAU Assessors are not permitted to assess an applicant who cannot speak and/or understand the English language – translators cannot be used in an assessment situation.
- 100 points of identification must include a Queensland address to be produced before assessment can proceed.
- A photo ID must be included within the 100 points of ID (generally a passport, or a drivers licence, or a non-licence holder Adult proof of age card)
The course outlines the following:
- Compliance with WHS licensing legislation.
- Communicate and work safely with others in the work area.
- Assess and calculate the weight and safety of loads.
- Identify hazards associated with the operation of the forklift truck and put in place effective hazard controls.
- Conduct pre-operational and operational checks, and demonstrate shut down and security procedures.
- Operate the forklift truck and move loads safely, including driving and manoeuvring, picking up and placing of loads at various rack heights.
- Drive forklift truck, with a load, in both forward and reverse, maintaining visibility and safe control at all times.
Please remember to bring 100 points of Identification, appropriate clothing, covered shoes or boots, lunch and drinks. A high visibility vest and morning tea/coffee and refreshments will be provided. We recommend that sunglasses be worn in sunny weather.
On confirmation of booking a Course Information manual will be forwarded to participants to provide preparation for the course. Please remember to bring all documentation with you on the day, along with 100 points of identification.